Views
Helpful
Replies

Ubuntu 22.04 and pam_duo SSH

Kevdog98
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to get pam duo to work with Ubuntu 22.04. I upgraded from Ubunto 21.10, which I upgraded from 21.04 with no issues with pam duo. But after upgrading from 21.10 to 22.04, pam duo SSH MFA stopped working; in fact, my keyboard-interactive login stopped working altogether. I think it might have something to do with the fact that ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes has been replaced with Kb■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■cation yes in 22.04, but I am not sure. I made that change in my SSD config, but it still does not work. I just got Keyboard interactive with SSH2 server failed. The updated documentation found here for 22.04 still mentions ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes Duo Unix - Two-Factor Authentication for SSH with PAM Support (pam_duo) | Duo Security. I tried upgrading the duounix version, but that did not help either. But also not sure how to verify what version I have installed.

Thanks for the help.

Kevin

2 Replies 2

Kevdog98
Level 1
Level 1

ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes kbAuthentication yes has been replaced with in 22.04

Hi @KevDog98 ,

Please see the following KB article (a workaround depends on which stage of the Ubuntu upgrade process you are in): https://help.duo.com/s/article/7803?language=en_US

Also, to see which version you are using, you can run the following command or run the Duo Unix Support Tool: login_duo -v

Hope this helps!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links