Here are all the new and updated articles in our knowledge base for the past week! New help articles are created based on customer questions that arise, so chances are if someone else asked, this info might help you too!
On this day in 1903 Orville and Wilbur Wright performed the first sustained motorized flight by a manned heavier-than-air aircraft in the Wright Flyer. They flew it four times on December 17th outside of Kitty Hawk, North Carolina, each time flying it straight without any turns and each with an unintended, bumpy landing. After the last flight, a wind gust blew the plane over and damaged it beyond repair or ability to fly. Today the plane (since repaired for display) is exhibited in the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum.
- Updated: How can I configure an application to require 2FA for a group of users while bypassing all other users?
- NEW: How do I configure the Duo Device Health app to automatically check for pending Windows updates?
- NEW: Why do I see the error “Your account is already enrolled” when clicking the link in a Duo Enrollment Email?
- NEW: Why did I receive a “Fraudulent reactivation report” email from Duo?
- Updated: Why did I receive an email from Duo stating a directory failed to sync?
- NEW Guide to reading the Device Health Deployment report in the Duo Admin Panel
- NEW: How do I enroll a security key for Duo Passwordless after I already enrolled a platform authenticator (Touch ID, Windows Hello, etc.)?
- Updated: Can I activate or reactivate Duo Mobile on a phone or tablet for users without access to SMS or who are not receiving the activation SMS message?
- NEW: When do Duo Phone callback authentications expire?
- Updated: Can I use a Security Key (including U2F) for secondary authentication in a mobile browser or mobile application?
- NEW: How do I resolve an “NSURLErrorDomain-1004” error when approving a Duo Push on iOS?
- Updated: Does Duo support Windows Hello?
- NEW: Does Duo Authentication for Windows Logon and RDP support blank passwords?
- Updated: Where are the Duo Authentication for Windows Logon settings stored in the registry?
- NEW: How do I get Duo Authentication for Windows Logon to work with Azure AD cloud-only users properly?
- NEW: Why am I seeing an “Unable to determine username from logon token” error when logging into an RDS server protected by Duo for Windows Logon?