cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Telephony Report

bmckenna
Level 1
Level 1

I’d really like to contact users on the telephony report and ask them to use the mobile app and the “push” or “code” as we’re quickly burning through our telephony credits. I don’t see user names listed on the telephony report. Is there a good way to create a report of heavy telephony users?

3 Replies 3

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can filter the Authentication Log report by authentication method. Would filtering to just Phone Call and SMS authentications also help you identify those users?

Duo, not DUO.

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @bmckenna, thanks for sharing such a good question with the community! This is a question shared by many other admins. I love that you’re taking the initiative to guide your end-users toward different (and in the case of Duo Mobile, more secure) authentication methods.

As @DuoKristina suggested, the best way to get at which users have the heaviest telephony usage is to filter the Authentication Log report by Phone Call and SMS. You can even potentially just filter to Phone Call usage, since that tends to use the most telephony credits.

From Reports > Authentication Log > click to display the filter and then choose a Time Range such as Last 90 days and the authentication method Phone Call.
You can display the result in the screen or choose to Export to CSV, JSON, or print format.
This displays usernames of those who completed phone call authentications.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t show how many credits were used, but you can identify the users you’ll need to reach out to.

Hope that helps! There’s not really a direct way today to accomplish what you’re after with the telephony report in Duo, but this is hopefully a sufficient solution. Let us know if not!

Tim Gleason
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to undertake a similar effort to reduce/eliminate telephony credits.  I am finding that logs exported to splunk can identify the devices but associating the device use back to the end user is tricky at scale.  For now I use the results for the splunk query to retrieve the devices and then manually evaluate from there.

`duo_index` extracted_eventtype=telephony (credits>0)|chart sum(credits) as Credits by phone|sort -Credits |head 25

The most often cited reason for use of credits is the Duo Mobile app no longer functioning.  This is corrected by a re-activation process 90% of the time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links