Views
Helpful
Replies

Sonicwall NSA 4600 DUO integration

Eldhose_Paul
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I’m configuring DUO 2FA on Sonic wall NSA 4600 appliance, i have been following the documentation for Sonicwall SRA series and the user interface looks to be different from NSA. Could someone throw some light how to configure the portal in NSA appliances ?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Paul

4 Replies 4

willd44
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same question. Trying to use Duo for 2FA with NetExtender on SonicWall NSA

Hi @willd44 and @Eldhose_Paul, thanks for your question! Although it is not an official Duo application, some customers have been able to successfully protect SonicWALL NSA with Duo using the Duo Authentication Proxy with RADIUS. The instructions for how to configure the SonicWALL NSA appliance can be found in the help article here: https://help.duo.com/s/article/2137

I’ve setup the Proxy and the NSA according to the documentation. When I attempt to connect with GVC, I get a push notification to my phone. Once I accept, the GVC client seems to ‘reset’. The password I entered in GVC gets blanked out like it wants me to auth again. I never get connected.
What am I missing?

I suggest checking the Duo Authentication Proxy log (found in C:\Program Files\Duo Security Authentication Proxy\log on Windows or /opt/duoauthproxy/log on Linux when the default install location was used) to see if the Duo proxy returned a RADIUS accept/allow to the NSA after you approved the push, and if so then check the logging available on your NSA device to see what it did with the approval it received from the Duo proxy.

If the Duo proxy returned accept/allow, then it’s up to the NSA to complete the client connection.

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links