cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Social Engineering Test Push

Usfs-Pk
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to conduct a test where I send unexpected Push alerts to my users to see if they properly act on them (they should decline the request). Is there a way to generate these test pushes and see the results?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jamieis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey there @Usfs-Pk,

There are two different ways you could go about doing this:

1. Using the new Send Duo Push from the Duo Admin Panel located in the upper-right hand corner of the User page. This will send them a “Support Request” push with the click of a button.

2. You could use our AuthAPI to generate and send pushes out to users. This would allow you to create a specific Duo application and have that application name displayed in the Push. You could also craft the IP address so it looks like it is coming from somewhere out of state (or country) to make it look more unusual.

I do recommend when doing either of these that you inform your users after the fact that this was a test.

Thanks,

Jamie

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jamieis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey there @Usfs-Pk,

There are two different ways you could go about doing this:

1. Using the new Send Duo Push from the Duo Admin Panel located in the upper-right hand corner of the User page. This will send them a “Support Request” push with the click of a button.

2. You could use our AuthAPI to generate and send pushes out to users. This would allow you to create a specific Duo application and have that application name displayed in the Push. You could also craft the IP address so it looks like it is coming from somewhere out of state (or country) to make it look more unusual.

I do recommend when doing either of these that you inform your users after the fact that this was a test.

Thanks,

Jamie

Quick Links