cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SMS Enrollment / Activation texts not making it to MetroPCS users?

AmishBill
Level 1
Level 1

OK, so maybe I should take the ‘s’ off, as I seem to only have one Metro-PCS user. So far.

The issue is that the SMS messages are not getting through to him. Checking his phone, he doesn’t have any messages from a short number. On testing, he can’t even send to a short number.

Is this something that has been seen with other providers? Is there any way around this except copying his activation messages into an email and sending them that way?

3 Replies 3

I also have the same problem in Namibia, I cannot get consultants in South Africa and our local TN Mobile users activated when I send them SMS messages from Duo.

DavePowers1
Level 1
Level 1

What was the fix to this problem? I am having it today as well

Hi everyone, as described in our Knowledge Base, certain Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNOs) do not support receiving SMS messages from shortcodes (5- or 6-digit numbers). This might be the issue you’re running into.

If you are trying to activate users via SMS and running into errors, you can try manually sending activation links.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links