cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Silent Deployment: SKEY Registry Key Blank

peter-supply
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to deploy Duo RDP with the silent push parameters.

Using this command string: duo-win-login-latest.exe /S /V" /qn IKEY=“■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■XX” SKEY=“xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx” HOST=“■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■” AUTOPUSH="#0" FAILOPEN="#1" SMARTCARD="#0" RDPONLY="#0""

Everything works except that the SKEY value does get added to the registry; the SKEY value is blank. All other parameters are successfully added to the registry, IKEY, HOST, etc.

I am using the latest version of Duo RDP, https://dl.duosecurity.com/duo-win-login-latest.exe.

Any idea why the SKEY is not added to the registry while the other parameters are?

Thanks.

Peter W. Caton

2 Replies 2

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I just tested with v4.2.0 and the skey value I passed in at the command prompt is shown in the registry. You did surround it with quotes? Also, are you looking at HKLM\Software\Duo Security\DuoCredProv or HKLM\Software\Policies\Duo Security\DuoCredProv? The first location is where the installer puts the values it received, and the second location is where the GPO puts its values. If you have a Duo GPO that doesn’t configure the SKEY, then that POLICIES key wouldn’t have a value for the SKEY.

Duo, not DUO.

peter-supply
Level 1
Level 1

Not using GPOs in this case.

I am not sure why, but the problem resolved itself on its own. Nothing changed on our end.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links