cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting hardware tokens as primary authentication method

glark
Level 1
Level 1

I’m trying to find out if there is a way to configure a hardware token as the primary authentication method for someone’s account (if you have other things set up like a phone on that account). In the duo self service portal, it does not show the hardware token as an option in the default device drop-down, and I don’t see any settings in the admin panel to make it so. If anybody knows if / how this can be done that would be awesome.

As a side note, this would primarily be while using Duo with office 365 (through conditional access), though it doesn’t seem to work other places we have it implemented either.

2 Replies 2

glark
Level 1
Level 1

Actually, never mind – I didn’t realize you could just select enter passcode and have that work with the hardware token instead / as well as the phone’s soft token.

RTStabler
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to do this? I have a subset of users who work in an environment where they cannot have their cell phones. I recognize they can push cancel and then enter the passcode, but if I can reduce a step for them that will make this user a base a bit happier.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links