cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sending enrolment e-mails

Rsreddy.nit
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to send enrollment e-mails to users who (second time), who have already enrolled ?

7 Replies 7

Dooley
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Raja,
If you’re referring to users created by bulk enrollment or directory sync who have not yet completed enrolling their 2FA devices in Duo, you can re-send them an enrollment email by following the instructions starting at Step 5 here: https://duo.com/docs/enrolling_users#bulk-self-enrollment

Rsreddy.nit
Level 1
Level 1

I mean exactly what i said,

The users who are sync from AD were already provided with enrollment emails, for which we want to send the mails again since for most of them the ‘status’ is showing in DUO as ‘Active’ and ‘last login’ as ‘never authenticated’, i’m suspecting that the users were never enrolled.

Any users you see listed there were sent an enrollment email but haven’t followed the link in that email to enroll themselves in Duo. You can manually resend these enrollment emails from that page to remind those users to finish Duo enrollment.

Additionally, directory sync automatically resends the enrollment emails 2 days after initial send, and again at 10 days after initial send as reminders to any users who haven’t completed enrollment.

Duo, not DUO.

Is there a way to change these intervals? I know by default AD Sync checks in twice a day, but what if you wanted it every hour?

Are you talking about the interval for running a scheduled sync, or the intervals for resending the enrollment email to users who were synced but haven’t completed enrollment yet?

Either way, the intervals aren’t configurable today. We have feature requests for each of those; I suggest contacting your Duo Care team or Duo account manager if you have one (or contacting Duo Support if you don’t) to lend your support to the feature request that interests you.

Duo, not DUO.

Rsreddy.nit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team,

Thanks for you effort, we did setup a call with your tech support and get clarification on this issue.

• There is no way to send enrollment e-mails to the users to who already enrolled with DUO
  • Directory Sync, allows to send enrollment emails if and only if “import phone numbers” check box is disabled and “send automatic emails” check box is enabled

Regards,
RSR

Rsreddy.nit
Level 1
Level 1

we find a workaround for this situation by enabling self enrollment in Web Application so that we were able to facilitate new users to enroll & current users can change there device from previous enrollments.

Quick Links