cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Same user for multiple sites

JDelgadoEsteb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, apologies if this has been asked before I did not seem to find it. I administer multiple Wordpress sites, all running DUO. Every time I authenticate in one them it creates a different DUO user, so I have ended up with 9 users that are all myself if there any way of merging all these users into one as its really myself?

Kind Regards

Javier

5 Replies 5

sstumbo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Javier,

It sounds like you would benefit from setting up username aliases in Duo. This would allow you to link your primary username up to four additional aliases.

Otherwise, if you were to create a WordPress Multisite network, you would be able to manage several sites with a single set of credentials. This would reduce the number of users you need to protect with Duo.

I did try Aliases, after deleting the original username (and adding it to the alias field as per the instructions) when trying to login to the site I chose to test this I am prompted by the message:

Two-factor authentication enhances the security of your account by using a secondary device to verify your identity. This prevents anyone but you from accessing your account, even if they know your password.

This process will help you set up your account with this added layer of security.

So it seems like it has lost that login ability. Any ideas?

Also, this does not seem to link me as an Administrator in Duo with me as the multiple users in Duo neither.

Surely many more users are in the same situation.

Hi Javier,

If you are getting prompted to enroll, it means that your username is not being recognized by Duo during your authentication attempt. Also note that your administrator login and your username are separate entities in the Duo Admin Panel. The Duo administrator is only used for logging in to the Duo Admin Panel, whereas your username and its aliases are used for logging in to protected applications such as WordPress.

Please reach out to our support team (support@duosecurity.com), as they can help you work through troubleshooting this issue. Thanks!

Thanks, I now know how to solve it, I had to go back to Wordpress and create a user with the same as the new alias, all fine now.

Cheers

JDelgadoEsteb
Level 1
Level 1

Hi and thanks for that. I will have a look at the aliases as the WP multi-site is not an option since each site has been developed within the infrastructure of different universities.

Cheers

Quick Links