Views
Helpful
Replies

Reset Free Tier 2FA

AbeW
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I use Duo (free tier) for a couple of applications 2FA/MFA. Because we don’t have an official enterprise account, we can’t reset devices. If I get a new phone, am I unable to reset it in anyway?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you mean by “reset devices”? Are you referring to the self-service device management portal, where a user can reactivate a device or add a new device?

In the Duo Free edition, users can’t reactivate their own devices from the Duo Prompt, but the Duo admin can send reactivations to users oradd/replace a phone for the user from the Admin Panel.

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What do you mean by “reset devices”? Are you referring to the self-service device management portal, where a user can reactivate a device or add a new device?

In the Duo Free edition, users can’t reactivate their own devices from the Duo Prompt, but the Duo admin can send reactivations to users oradd/replace a phone for the user from the Admin Panel.

Duo, not DUO.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links