Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Desktop Gateway not allowing logins after uninstalling DUO

msd801
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I am in the process of removing DUO Remote Desktop Gateway from 2 servers. We have been using duo for our Remote Desktop Gateway for years. We need it uninstalled as our company wants us to use another solution.

When I uninstalled DUO from the Remote Desktop Gateway servers we were no longer able to connect to the remote desktop gateway. Users were getting a “Your computer can’t connect to the remote computer because your computer or device did not pass the Network Access Protection” error. Server 2012 R2. We had to reinstall DUO and add the API keys to get the functionality back.

Let me know if you have any thoughts. Thank you in advance!

1 Reply 1

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you try your uninstall again? If not, here are some things you might try checking:

• Cycle the gateway service or reboot the RDG server. The installer should have cycled the service when uninstalling but another bump might help.
  • Open up the RDG Manager console and make sure your original CAP and RAP policies are in place with your desired settings.
  • Open up the properties of your RDS deployment and ensure that your SSL certificate bindings are still in place for your deployed RDS components.
Duo, not DUO.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links