This is a reminder that our redesign of the Duo Mobile app for iOS and Android will become generally available to all Duo Mobile users this month.
Duo Mobile version 4.0.0 is scheduled to roll out to users during the following timeframes:
- For iOS: October 11 through 18, 2021.
- For Android: October 11 through 15, 2021.
Understanding the release process
Version 4.0.0 of Duo Mobile will be released to users through our usual process of pushing an update to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. The timing of this release is not controlled by Duo administrators, and you do not need to take any action to update the app.
If users have automatic app updates enabled on their device, they will receive the new version of Duo Mobile automatically. They can also update Duo Mobile manually.
Once version 4.0.0 is released, we will no longer provide troubleshooting support or bug fixes for any 3.x.x version of the app. Older versions will continue to work normally, though we encourage users to update to the latest version. Check out the benefits and new features of version 4.0.0 in this post.
Duo Mobile launch checklist
Are you ready for the redesigned Duo Mobile? Review our recommended steps to prepare:
- Familiarize yourself with the major improvements to the app. Check out our video comparison of the old vs. new Duo Mobile experience.
- Communicate the most important changes to your end-users. You can find end-user communications templates in this Duo Knowledge Base article.
- Update your documentation. You can customize our UI templates with your own logo.
Documentation and resources
Refer to these resources for more information.
- Preparing for the new Duo Mobile, a guide for Duo administrators featuring end-user communications templates and customizable Duo Mobile UI templates.
- Learn more about the Universal Prompt Project in the Duo Knowledge Base and documentation.
- Duo’s end-user guide will be updated with Duo Mobile version 4.0.0 information beginning with GA.