cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reject/Approve buttons not responding

Jan6
Level 1
Level 1

When I receive a push request to approve a login on my Samsung S22 Ultra, the green (approve) and red (reject) buttons are not responsive. I can tap on them all I want, nothing happens. The only thing I can do is to open the DUO app information screen in settings, force-stop the application and reopen DUO. Then the buttons work again, but for only one time.

I’ve removed the DUO app and reinstalled it again, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance for your support.

4 Replies 4

robsmall
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Jan, Robbie from the Duo Mobile Engineering team here!

A couple questions for you:

1. Do you have any other apps open that could be overlaying content over Duo Mobile (chat bubbles, for example)? This could prevent Duo Mobile from allowing user input.
  2. If you tap other buttons in the app, do they work when the approve/deny buttons are not working?
  3. Is the exact experience you’re having that the Duo Push screen gets shown in-app, but tapping on the button does nothing (for example: No loading dialogs or anything pop up, right?)?

Thanks for the report, let’s see if we can get to the bottom of what’s going on for you!

Robbie

Jan6
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Robbie,

I think you’ve nailed it with your first question. I’m using Edge Lighting in my notifications. I configured it to show a little green circle around the camera notch, when DUO sends a notification.
Now, I’ve disabled this configuration and I think that DUO is working normally. I’ll give it a few days and get back to you.

Regards,
Jan

robsmall
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the quick reply, Jan! Happy to hear we were able to get this sorted out for you!

Jan6
Level 1
Level 1

After testing for a few days, I can confirm that the problem has been completely solved, thanks to your support.

So thanks again and have a nice day.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links