Views
Helpful
Replies

Regarding Duo integration with Jira, Confluence & bitbucket using JAVA

bivij87643
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I am looking to implement a PUSH notification with a DUO mobile feature for my customer. I found the below link using which support is possible. But I am facing some issues with this.

I used /enroll endpoint for generating activation_code & activation_barcode for any user. After calling this endpoint it will either create new codes or give the user already exist error.

As the same user exists on Jira, Confluence & Bitbucket with the same username. So if I call /enroll endpoint from a different location then it will create a new user only once & for the rest calls, it gives the user already exist error. I can solve this issue by making some changes to the username. But it will create a new user on DUO with a different username. So this solution is acceptable.

Is there any way to solve this? Do you have any API/endpoint using which I can get activation_code & activation_barcode for a user if it already exists? So that I can show these codes to the user whenever he is looking for registration.

I hope you will help me out. Looking forward to hearing from you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you’re still interested in the answer to this, no, you can’t use the Duo REST Auth API to load the Duo Universal Prompt.

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First call /preauth to see if the user exists. Use the result from/preauth to determine your next step (i.e. if it returns enroll, then call /enroll).

Duo, not DUO.

bmishra
Level 1
Level 1

Created a trial environment in DUO v4. Calling the /preauth, it keeps on returning respText: {“code”: 40103, “message”: “Invalid signature in request credentials”, “stat”: “FAIL”}. Would these REST calls work in DUO v4 enviornment?

No, The Duo v4 WebSDK is not a REST client for the Duo Auth API.

The Auth API and Admin API demonstration client repo names are usually “duo_client_" or "duo_api_duo_client_python, duo_client_java, or duo_api_golang.

Repos named “duo_web_" or "duo_universal_” (like duo_universal_csharp) are WebSDK for the interactive browser prompt.

Definitely check out the README in each repo to make sure you’re using the right one.

Duo, not DUO.

bmishra
Level 1
Level 1

Is it Possible to load the Universal Prompt using REST api?

If you’re still interested in the answer to this, no, you can’t use the Duo REST Auth API to load the Duo Universal Prompt.

Duo, not DUO.
Quick Links