RDP login hangs

Hi Amy, this continues to happen where we get stuck on a Please Wait. Yes, we upgraded to the latest release of Duo Authentication. This server is not an Active Directory Domain controller. Any other ideas?

P.S. There is a chance the user denied the Duo push and somehow Duo still sent them on their way to the Please Wait screen. Actually, what they are telling me is they never received the request to approve. But in the Duo logs we see that it was denied. I’ve had this happen a few times as well. In this case, you cannot get it to prompt again, so you’re stuck.

Hi Brad, sorry to hear you are still having trouble with this. Please open a support case with Duo and share your logs with them, so they can troubleshoot this with you further. The Duo Community is not an official support channel. Thanks!

I’d love to know if Duo support had any resolution for this. I’m having the same issue.

Is there a way to go back to normal without restarting? I tried updating duo, but still it won’t push to mobile. I don’t see a Duo process running.

Since this completely locks me out of my work computer when I’m not at home, I bought a remote switch to power off and on the machine, which works. But all work is lost, so I’m still looking for a fix.

Hi @tgreendyk, this issue can be caused by a number of factors, so there is not a “one size fits all” solution here we can share.

You can contact support and share your logs with them, and they will be able to provide the right solution for your case. Without seeing your logs though, we cannot help you.

@Haley as far as I know, there is no way to reset the Prompt - or “go back to normal” as you said - without restarting. I know it’s frustrating to lose your work. Like I said in my other replies here, you can work with Duo Support. There’s not a single issue causing this, so sharing your logs in a support case will allow us to troubleshoot this and identify a solution for you.