Views
Helpful
Replies

Push Notifications on Android Wear/WearOS

jsobrino
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

Not totally sure if I’m using the forum correctly but I wanted to throw a small suggestion into the mix. Forgive me for semi-informal terminology since I’m not a developer, but I’ll try to be as specific as possible. Duo Push notifications on phones (understandably) have a “tap to view actions” prompt, presumably meant to avoid accidentally approving a login request while interacting with notifications.

The same prompt appears on Android Wear/WearOS watches. The flow of interacting with notifications on WearOS devices makes this process a little slower than it needs to be.

I wanted to suggest removing the “tap to view actions” prompt on WearOS notifications in favor of a notification with “nested” button prompts to allow or deny the login. WearOS already supports this natively - for example, Gmail will show only the notification details in your WearOS notification bar, but will reveal button prompts to reply or archive an email when you tap the body of the notification.

I appreciate WearOS support being implemented at all, and I think this small change would significantly improve the flow of utilizing Duo Push on watches.

2 Replies 2

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hey @jsobrino,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We are always looking to improve the experience with Duo Mobile, and welcome your comments. I’ll make sure to pass this feedback along to our developers.

You can file feature requests through your Account Executive (AE) or Customer Success Manager (CSM), or by contacting Duo Support if you aren’t sure who that person is for you. I do my best to share feedback collected from the community with our product team, but I’m only one person, so your best bet is always to go the official route!

Ting1
Level 1
Level 1

This was exactly what I wanted to suggest … An easier way to approve or deny on my watch instead of always having to take the phone out of my pocket.
Now Wear OS just have two different “Open on Phone”-choices.

Quick Links