Views
Helpful
Replies

Push notification for RADIUS application authentication

vbtech
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I’m trying to use DUO for second-factor authentication for an application.
The application has a built-in RADIUS client. We are using the RADIUS client to handshake with an on-premise DUO Authentication Proxy, but using the “DUO_Only_Client” configuration since the application already provides primary authentication.

The setup works fine, however instead of receiving a push notification from DUO, the application is prompting for a RADIUS passcode. My device is enrolled for push notifications, and I know it works since I use push notification to authenticate to the DUO admin console and also a separate VPN client. Is it possible I’m not receiving a push notification because the setup is using the “DUO_Only_Client” settings and requires a passcode for the DUO Auth Proxy to verify the user?

Your help is appreciated…

-Gary

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

[radius_server_duo_only] requires the factor name or a passcode (so you could type push as the passcode to receive the push request on your phone).

Try using [radius_server_auto] with client=duo_only_client for an automatic push.

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

mkorovesisduo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Gary, which type of server section are you using in your authentication proxy configuration?

vbtech
Level 1
Level 1

The client and server section I’m using is [duo_only_client] and [radius_server_duo_only].

Thanks,
Gary

[radius_server_duo_only] requires the factor name or a passcode (so you could type push as the passcode to receive the push request on your phone).

Try using [radius_server_auto] with client=duo_only_client for an automatic push.

Duo, not DUO.

vbtech
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks… Setting the configuration to [radius_server_auto] did the trick. I’m now getting push notifications.

Quick Links