cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Push as default on Netscaler?

Tonny_Andersson
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured Netscaler with DUO so it shows the iframe where I can select Push, Voice or SMS.

Is there a way I can configure so it sends the Push directly instead of showing the iframe?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes! It depends on how you configured RADIUS authentication.

If you configured it using these instructions where the Duo proxy server handles primary and secondary authentication then you can just get rid of the [radius_server_iframe] configuration and use one primary RADIUS policy (that corresponds to your [radius_server_auto] configuration) for both Receiver and Web logins.

If you configured it using these instructions where the Duo proxy server only handles secondary authentication then similarly to the previous suggestion you would not need the [radius_server_iframe] configuration and use one secondary RADIUS policy (that corresponds to your [radius_server_duo_only] configuration) for both Receiver and Web logins.

Both [radius_server_auto] and [radius_server_duo_only] can do an automatic push.

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes! It depends on how you configured RADIUS authentication.

If you configured it using these instructions where the Duo proxy server handles primary and secondary authentication then you can just get rid of the [radius_server_iframe] configuration and use one primary RADIUS policy (that corresponds to your [radius_server_auto] configuration) for both Receiver and Web logins.

If you configured it using these instructions where the Duo proxy server only handles secondary authentication then similarly to the previous suggestion you would not need the [radius_server_iframe] configuration and use one secondary RADIUS policy (that corresponds to your [radius_server_duo_only] configuration) for both Receiver and Web logins.

Both [radius_server_auto] and [radius_server_duo_only] can do an automatic push.

Duo, not DUO.

Tonny_Andersson
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks!
Works fine, although I would have wished for some kind of feedback after typing username and password such as “Sending push…” or similar.

You could also set it back to the iframe configuration and tell your users who want automatic pushes to set a default device for automatic push as shown here: https://guide.duo.com/manage-devices#default-authentication-options.

You would need to enable self-service (Protecting Applications | Duo Security) on your NetScaler application in the Duo Admin Panel to expose these options to your users.

Duo, not DUO.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links