Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with Duo Mobile on OnePlus phone

DasBill
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community,

I am using Duo Unix with Duo Push to add an additional secure layer to my servers.
On my Mobile Phone (OnePlus 3T with Android 7.0) is Duo Unix in Version 3.1.5.0 (Build 315010) installed.

When I try to authenticate to my servers I get the following message from the App:
Error: There was an error completing this request. If this problem persists, please contact your administrator.

I have logged in me as Administrator on the Admin Dashboard and see the following Result in the Log entries in Authentication Log:
Access Denied - No response.

I’m looking forward to your request and hope you have any Ideas to solve this problem

Best Regards

DasBill

3 Replies 3

browndav
Level 1
Level 1

I am also getting this issue on my OnePlus 3 with their Oxygen OS 4.0.2 (Android 7.0). It was working correctly in their previous version of the Oxygen OS so i’m going to assume it’s a OnePlus issue due to their customization they do from stock Android. I have not found a workaround for the issue. I’m lucky that I can at least generate a token and do Password,TOKEN in the password field and it will authenticate me.

Could you both try the process in this knowledge base article: https://help.duo.com/s/article/3435 and let me know if it resolves the issue for you?

While OnePlus is not officially supported by Duo, we have seen this work for some users.

Sphexi
Level 1
Level 1

Edit:
I ended up uninstalling, then re-installing Duo, and adding it back to the system again (had my admin remove my device completely and re-enroll it). Doing this fixed the issue, so obviously the OS upgrade from Android 6 to 7 somehow destroyed some hidden permission, as the app didn’t seem to be able to pop up the “confirm” push notification anymore.

I have an ZTE Axon 7 that just upgraded to Android 7 Nougat and has the same issue. I initiate the VPN connection from my Windows 10 machine (worked fine last week prior to Android upgrade BTW), I get two alerts on my phone: First is the request for authentication, second is an immediate “Cannot be completed” error message previously described.

On the server side they can see me attempting but it just shows that I’m not completing authentication, so there’s no actual error more that my phone isn’t able to pop up the alert anymore?

Quick Links