cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Poor user experience of 2FA page

pards
Level 1
Level 1

The UX of the 2FA web page requires an annoying and unnecessary extra button click.

The initial 2FA page has a disabled text box and a button, both labelled “Enter a Passcode”. I cannot enter the passcode into the text box initially.

Entering a passcode involves ignoring the text box, clicking on the button, and then entering the passcode into the now-enabled text box, then clicking “Log In”.

Why is that first click required at all?

3 Replies 3

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you referring to the traditional Duo Prompt experience?

The new Universal Prompt login experience changes how users perform passcode entry. If your application supports Universal Prompt try turning that new UI on to compare.

Duo, not DUO.

Yes, it looks like I get presented with the “traditional” Duo prompt. I’d happily switch to the new UI but the docs indicate that it would require my IT department to make the change, not me, and that’ll never happen unless Duo forces the upgrade.

We’ll be communicating more information about the Universal Prompt and how to plan for the transition from the current prompt out to our customers as the Universal Prompt reaches general availability, including to the Duo admins in your IT department .

Duo, not DUO.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links