cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Plugin removed from wordpress.org?

opti-duo
Level 1
Level 1

Today I received this message from WordFence security scan on my website:Critical Problems:

• The Plugin “Duo Two-Factor Authentication” has been removed from wordpress.org.

A quick look at wordpress.org confirms that the plugin is indeed removed?

What is going on here and will this affect my protected WordPress websites?

Thanks,
Alwin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please note no changes were made to the Duo Wordpress plugin. The version available now is the same one that was available before October 19.

It was “removed” by Wordpress in error and we worked with them this morning to have it restored.

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

chriscorb
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to understand what the situation is here too. Are DUO pulling support for Wordpress?

opti-duo
Level 1
Level 1

Any news…??? Why is the plugin removed from wordpress without any news about it?

jamieis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey there everyone,

This is Jamie from Duo. We are looking into this now but we have been seeing reports from other developers that Wordpress unexpectedly closed their plugins as well.

This shouldn’t impact existing installs of the plugin. You are still able to download and manually install the Duo Security Wordpress plugin by following the docs here: Duo for WordPress | Duo Security

We will be sure to update you as soon as we have more information.

Jamie

Hi Jamie, thanks for your reply!

However, I don’t see any option to download the plugin mannualy?

Can you provide me (us) with a download link?

Thank you!

Alwin

You may download the plugin zip from our GitHub repo and upload that to your WordPress site while we look into the issue with our plugin listing.

Duo, not DUO.

leemrw
Level 1
Level 1

I too would like to follow the details of this event.

Please let us know here or supply a link to a post.

The Wordpress plugin should be back up now at: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duo-wordpress/

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please note no changes were made to the Duo Wordpress plugin. The version available now is the same one that was available before October 19.

It was “removed” by Wordpress in error and we worked with them this morning to have it restored.

Duo, not DUO.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links