cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packaged Device Management Portal

Bryan_Allen
Level 1
Level 1

I couldn’t find a feature request / enhancement section in the community, so please move this if needed.

We’re currently using the Duo Access Gateway (DAG) as a way to offer device management, even though we don’t have any Duo web apps that can work in the DAG. So it’s kind of a confusing workflow, to not actually login to the DAG which is empty, but instead click to manage devices during the login process. We made an attempt at creating our own Device Management Portal using the guides, but we aren’t developers so it didn’t work out.

Can there be a pre-packaged Device management Portal, just like how the DAG and Network Gateway don’t require developing your own app? The DAG login and device management piece, but leaving out the application portal after logging in. A docker container the same as the other apps would be fine.

4 Replies 4

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please contact your customer success manager, account exec, or Duo Support to submit a feature request.

Duo, not DUO.

Bryan_Allen
Level 1
Level 1

I suggested it to Duo support before, but I thought that putting it in the community might spark a discussion with others that would also find it useful. I’m surprised that it doesn’t already exist since all the functionality is in other Duo apps such as the DAG, just with more on top. There must be other companies that are not able to develop their own sites for this, and that only use non-web apps without the self-service feature like us.

emotnivek
Level 1
Level 1

I agree this would is an extremely useful idea… I’m not a web developer and though I’ve managed to quickly learn some ASP.net code and build a standard AD integrated “primary” login page, I am lost as to how to integrate the DMP into it for the second part of auth. The instructions for setting up the DMP are not very good. If I find a quick solution I’ll make a post with the results. I am trying to get the DMP setup this week!!! ahhhhhhhh!

Henry33
Level 1
Level 1

I’m so surprised that Duo hasn’t done this. Either an installer that configures a webpage in IIS or an OVA that I can import into vSphere.

This would solve a big issue for new employees as they can’t get to their enrollment email in their inbox until they sign in during onboarding, but they can’t sign in because they haven’t enrolled in Duo. The idea would be to have the users sign in to the portal on a browser that HR opens during onboarding and then they are good to go.

Not being a web developer, I don’t know how/wouldn’t want to do something incorrect security-wise. Login page, upload logo, configure ldP, and done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links