cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Office 365 and Duo SSO? Current State

lkeyes1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi…wondering about what’s necessary to integrate Office 365 web access with SSO. I saw another message suggesting that DUO is working on a “named application” for o365 and that there may be documentation available for setting up a generic SAML application in the interim. I’d like to avoid setting up a DAG if possible…we think we can do CA if necessary, but I convinced my manager to have us set up SSO since we expect to use it with other applications (Salesforce, etc).
We’re in the process of setting that up…would like to get the o365 on it.

4 Replies 4

michaellperrin
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to do the same thing right now.

I am able to get Office365 to federate to Duo SSO but then I get an error on MS

AADSTS51004: The user account removeduser@test.com does not exist in the XXXX directory. To sign into this application, the account must be added to the directory.

My guess is Duo is not sending the correct ImmutableID.

If this is working in DAG why can’t this be configured with Duo SSO?

Hi @lkeyes and @mikeperrin attached is a KB article about how to configure a generic SAML application to be used for Office 365: Guide to Configuring Office 365 with Duo Single Sign-On

Just wanted to pop back in to say that we recently released our named integration for Microsoft 365 for Duo SSO: D219: Duo Release Notes for July 9, 2021

Jamie…many thanks… We ultimately have set up o365 using Active Directory Conditional Access, and it appears to be working fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links