cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Notifying a specific email address for lockouts

Mark_H
Level 1
Level 1

Anyone know if it is possible to put multiple email addresses in the Alert email section for "Notify a specific email address: ", perhaps comma or semi-colon delimited?

Specifying all admins or just one email is not a great choice. And setting up a distribution list for this purpose in a provider / customer scenario equally doesn’t fit well.

Thanks

Mark

8 Replies 8

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @Mark_H, currently this is not possible in Duo. In the field for Notify a specific email address, you can only enter a single email address.

Our recommendation is typically to create an email distribution group that includes all the stakeholders you want to notify and add that email address in the Lockout and Fraud settings of the Duo Admin Panel. However, you mentioned this would not fit well for your scenario. Out of curiosity, can you provide more context as to why the available options aren’t sufficient for you?

It’s also worth noting that we have a feature request for this functionality. Please talk to Duo Support or your Customer Success Manager or Account Executive (if applicable) about getting added to the request.

The reason being that both the customer and ourselves have admin logins for the account so maintaining a joint distribution list is more problematic.

paulorosa
Level 1
Level 1

If you configue multiple admins you can use the option "Notify all admins "

HI Paulo - the problem is that it is either one admin or all admins, nothing in between.

davidse
Level 1
Level 1

multiple email addresses would be a must-have!
but also a %placeholder% for the user email would be very helpful to notify also the user about his lockout…

mikesk555
Level 1
Level 1

I have this same scenario. I have a third party vendor setup as a admin also. He doesn’t need the extra emails when someone is locked out though because that’s not his role. For inside our company we have 2 Admin, I really do not want to create an extra email distribution group just for this. Every software I have ever used allows you to enter multiple email address separated by a semi colon. As a programmer I know you can pass a string of emails into the TO: of whatever email API you are using and it will take it. (maybe there is one but I have never seen one that didn’t allow it) So seems odd to artificially limit it to one email address. I would like this feature as well to allow multiple emails separated by a semi-colon. Thanks.

jhabrych
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I would also like to see this feature implemented. I’d like not send emails to all my admins, as most are only IT people and need to only manage access and applications. I also want to send to a shortlist and also include our ticketing system so that 2nd/3rd and weekend shifts of our help desk can contact the individual.

Thanks,

steve.bossen
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to see a feature to email the user who is locked out so they know why they are experiencing problems authenticating.

Thanks.

Quick Links