Views
Helpful
Replies

Not getting Push Notifications on Apple Watch

jtjones23
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I’m not getting Push notifications to a new Apple Watch 3 Series running watchOS 5. The Push notification is going to my iPhone 6.

iPhone is running iOS 12 and the Watch is running watchOS 5. Duo app is 3.23.1.3

What have I done? Uninstalled and reinstalled watch app. Restarted phone and watch. Unpaired and re-paired watch to phone.

My thoughts? Coworkers are getting Push notifications and they have not updated to watchOS 5. Hmmm.

4 Replies 4

mkorovesisduo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there, have you tried using the suggestions laid out in this article? https://help.duo.com/s/article/4210

You also may want to double check Watch App > Notifications and ensure that notifications from Duo Mobile are turned on.

Let me know if any of these resolve your issues.

jtjones23
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, fixed.

I was assuming I needed to check notifications on the Watch app. Once I turned on Duo notifications on the phone, the Push notifications started working.

John

mkorovesisduo
Level 4
Level 4

Cool, glad to hear it.

jasenhudson2
Level 1
Level 1

If you are not getting push notifications on your iPhone, please check the settings on your Apple Watch. There are two separate settings for this, one is ‘Allow Notifications’ and the other is 'Show on Apple Watch. Make sure both these are enabled.

Quick Links