cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No notifications from Apple Watch after iOS 13 update?

nacho3
Level 1
Level 1

After updating my iPhone to iOS 13 it appears that my Apple Watch is no longer receiving notifications whenever I receive a Push Notification. (The iPhone is still displaying them fine).

Phone = iPhone X
Watch = Apple Watch 4

• I figured I’d also apply the watchOS 6 update to my watch, but that had no effect either.
  • I’ve also uninstalled the Duo app from my Apple Watch and then re-installed it, no dice.
  • I’ve confirmed that all of the notification settings are correct on both my iPhone and on the Apple Watch.

Is anyone else having issues similar to this?

25 Replies 25

I’m having the same issue! The only notications I’m getting is from iMessage. All other apps aren’t being pushed to my watch.

Same here, any body found a fix?

Kkirk2497
Level 1
Level 1

I’m having the same issue. I’ve tried to reset my watch but no change. I’m currently using the series 2 watch, so was unsure if this was no longer compatible. But it seems to be an issue for everyone! Hopefully will be ironed out with the next update!

Amal_Asim
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue iPhone XR updated to iOS 13 and series 3 to watchOS 6

I found something that worked folks. It sounds ridiculous (and it is) but first power off your watch completely, then power your phone off completely. Then power up your phone, then power your watch back up. If you do it in that exact order your notifications will return. It worked on all three of my phones and watches in the house. Sounds stupid, I know but it works.

Thank you @Brent_Gath, your solution worked for my household of devices as well.

It worked for me. Thanks!

I commented and then saw your fix. It’s totally crazy but it seems to have worked!!! I set an alarm and it came thru to my watch as it had done before updating. Thanks for the crazy trick!!!

Yes, the following seems to work:

Watch = OFF --> Phone = OFF --> Phone = ON --> Watch = ON

FYI: I just updated my iPhone to iOS 13.1 and I did not need to perform these steps again. Phew!

Thanks for the tip, worked a treat

This worked for me. Thanks!

This worked for me. Thanks!

Brent_Gath
Level 1
Level 1

Also running iPhone XR with iOS 13 and series 3 watch running watchOS 6. Other than iMessage I’m not getting notifications on the watch.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links