cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No DUO prompt for Mobile Phone Email Apps

aalborz
Level 1
Level 1

We have enabled Microsoft OWA Application within DUO. It works only for OWA for computer users. However, Phone users (Apple & Android) can still access company webmail without being prompted for DUO 2FA, using the built-in email app or any app on App Store or Play Store.
I understand this is a limitation of DUO’s Microsoft OWA Application, but just wondering what others are using to address this situation.

5 Replies 5

BabbittJE
Level 1
Level 1

Are you able to use DAG instead of DUO for OWA? With my DAG, I enabled Office 365 protection and it prompted me once to enter my credentials via DAG. After that, no longer prompts but too soon to tell if it’ll re-prompt after a certain amount of time has passed, e.g., 90 days.

aalborz
Level 1
Level 1

Is “DAG” another/alternative application offered by DUO? Btw we’re not on O365. We’re running Exch 2010.

DAG works with multiple applications, e.g., O365, LastPass, 3rd-party authentications (e.g., Google Authentication), many more.

jamieis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there @aalborz,

This section from our OWA FAQ might help you: https://duo.com/docs/owa-faq#is-the-owa-for-ios-app-supported?

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Microsoft’s Hybrid Modern Authentication for Exchange lets you use federated logins for on-premises Exchange access. The federation STS could be AD FS, or a Duo IdP like Duo Single Sign-On.

Edited to note that while we qualify Duo SSO as an IdP for Azure, we haven’t done so for the full Hybrid Modern Authentication deployment (the on-prem Exchange parts).

Duo, not DUO.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links