Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to reset my phone

danieldpt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I need to reset my Samusng S6. I use the free edition of Dou security.

What is the best way to do this so i dont get locked out of my server?

I cant find eneywhere i can add a new device like my samsung tablet.

Regards Daniel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mkorovesisduo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Daniel,

Try giving the following process a shot:

1. Navigate to the user page that you want to add the additional 2FA device (like your tablet) to.
  2. Click Add Phone. The way to add a tablet is nested in here.
  3. Select Tablet then click Add Phone.
    1X_4d8db5017b7f6cb7151917ace06a92966e00af58.png
  4. A “Generic Smartphone” device is created and you are brought back to the user page. Click Activate Duo Mobile.
  5. Set an expiration time and click Generate Duo Mobile Activation Code.
  6. In the text field next to “Activation instructions”, copy the activation link that was generated. It is blurred out in this screenshot.
  7. Transmit this link to yourself via a secure method. On your tablet with Duo Mobile installed, open the link. Duo Mobile will be activated and you will be able to use this device to complete 2FA.

Please let me know if this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mkorovesisduo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Daniel, have you tried following the instructions for manually adding a tablet 2FA device provided here: https://duo.com/docs/enrolling_users#manual-enrollment

danieldpt
Level 1
Level 1

HI
Thanks for the reply.

Nope i havent and if i click add new user and type administrator (the only account i have on the machine) Then it sayes that it allready exsist.

mkorovesisduo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Daniel,

Try giving the following process a shot:

1. Navigate to the user page that you want to add the additional 2FA device (like your tablet) to.
  2. Click Add Phone. The way to add a tablet is nested in here.
  3. Select Tablet then click Add Phone.
    1X_4d8db5017b7f6cb7151917ace06a92966e00af58.png
  4. A “Generic Smartphone” device is created and you are brought back to the user page. Click Activate Duo Mobile.
  5. Set an expiration time and click Generate Duo Mobile Activation Code.
  6. In the text field next to “Activation instructions”, copy the activation link that was generated. It is blurred out in this screenshot.
  7. Transmit this link to yourself via a secure method. On your tablet with Duo Mobile installed, open the link. Duo Mobile will be activated and you will be able to use this device to complete 2FA.

Please let me know if this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links