cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Web Problem

Connor_Pitts
Level 1
Level 1

I currently use Duo to login into my UCSD account (University of California San Diego) Everything works perfectly like if I login to my computer duo works as expected. It only breaks when I want to log into anything from my phone. Say I want to log into my school email from my phone. I go, type it my username and password into the duo login, it accepts it, and then fails to push the login to my Duo account so I can verify it and say it was me. This only happens when I log in on my phone. Furthermore, this didn’t used to be the case. As a side note this phone also has duo installed on it. Any idea on how to make this work, or where I should look to fix it?

3 Replies 3

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It’s not clear if your mobile login process is showing you a Duo prompt where you select the factor or not. Can you tell if the application is sending a push that isn’t showing up, or does the application give no status about the Duo part of the authentication?

If you aren’t receiving pushes working through the suggestions in our articles for troubleshooting Duo Push on iOS or Android. This article has some additional suggestions for push notifications not working on iOS.

If you continue to have problems, consider contacting your school’s Duo support team for assistance.

Duo, not DUO.

Connor_Pitts
Level 1
Level 1

Don’t think it’s me not receiving pushes notifications, as even with the Duo app open, I’m unable to confirm the login. It’s much more that the Duo part of the authentication when login in just doesn’t show up.

Hi Connor,

Could you try closing or force quitting then reopening the Duo Mobile app when this happens? If you expect to receive an authentication request and one hasn’t shown up in Duo Mobile, doing this can sometimes cause the request to appear in the app for you to approve.

If this doesn’t work, like Kristina said, your best bet for further troubleshooting is your school’s helpdesk. If you need their contact info, it is available on the UC Sandiego Blink website here along with additional troubleshooting guides for Duo Mobile.
From their site:

How to Contact the Service Desk for Two-Step Login Help

• Submit a ticket online at servicedesk.ucsd.edu
  • Email servicedesk@ucsd.edu
  • Phone: Call (858) 246-4357
    • Classes in session:
      • Monday through Friday: 7 a.m. – 10 p.m.
      • Saturday and Sunday, noon - 3 p.m.
    • Classes not in session:
      • Monday through Friday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
      • No weekend hours
  • Visit walk up desk at AP&M building, room 1313 (8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday - Friday)
Quick Links