cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mac Safari 500: Internal Server Error

arg3x
Level 1
Level 1

I have a user that’s having trouble signing in to our Office 365 tenant in Safari or the macOS Office apps. When they use Chrome, they authenticate and get the Duo prompt just fine. When they try and get to one of our Shibboleth protected sites in Chrome, they get the duo prompt just fine. However, if they try to sign in to the Office desktop apps or portal.office.com using Safari, they complete the Azure username/password screens just fine, but instead of getting the Duo prompt, they immediately get a “500: Internal Server Error”.

It’s almost like Safari has no trouble reaching Duo, unless it’s Azure that’s directing Safari to contact Duo.

I’ve checked their Safari settings, and JavaScript is enabled, and it’s also set to allow cross-site checking. I’ve also checked System preferences, and they do not have any sort of “Content & Privacy Restrictions” enabled.

2 Replies 2

Blake_Snell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I’m currently having the same problem. Were you able to find a solution?

Luck. I did another remote session (my 3rd or 4th over a period of a few weeks) and it suddenly worked. We didn’t change anything, so I have no idea why it started working.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links