cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Logon Failure. The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer

s_hughes78
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We operate a Windows RDS environment and have protection at the rdweb layer and then protection on published applications using the duo-rdp client.
We installed the duo-win-login.exe on a session host to protect the published application and added one user to test via ad-sync, however since installing the exe using the following powershell command (using elevated PS),
(C:\Windows\Temp\Duo\duo-win-login-4.1.3.exe /S /V" /qn IKEY=“DXXXXX” SKEY=“XXXXXXXXXXXXX” HOST=“■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■” LOGFILE_MAXSIZEMB="#100" AUTOPUSH="#1" FAILOPEN="#1" SMARTCARD="#0" RDPONLY="#0"")
ALL users whether they were in the Duo console or not now receive the error “Logon Failure. The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this computer” when trying to open the RDP published application from rdweb.

This error is normally seen if the user is not part of the ‘Remote Desktop Users’ local group on that server but the RDS session collection automatically adds this and they are still in there.
This all worked before installing the duo exe.

I have to add ALL users as local admins on the server for them to launch the published app since installing Duo RDP, obviously i don’t want to do this so trying to understand why this happens.

Anyone seen this?
Is it because the exe was ran elevated with admin?

Thanks,
Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

s_hughes78
Level 1
Level 1

Managed to find the below thread which in turn gave the duo guide.
Pre-req missed around GPO’s for local logon, i’ll take a look at this.

https://help.duo.com/s/article/1093?language=en_US

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

s_hughes78
Level 1
Level 1

Managed to find the below thread which in turn gave the duo guide.
Pre-req missed around GPO’s for local logon, i’ll take a look at this.

https://help.duo.com/s/article/1093?language=en_US

Creating a GPO for the two additional user rights as per the Duo support link and applying to server OU fixed this.
Just for anyone else reading in the future.

Thanks for sharing @s_hughes78! Glad you were able to resolve this using the info you found in a past thread and the Duo guide.

Quick Links