Helpful
Replies

Logging in to Duo.com

Jon9
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

Me again with another question…

So when I login to Duo.com, I obviously enter my username and password, but then it comes up with the usual box with Duo Push, Text, or Call… The problem is Push is grayed out, making me use one of my twiddling SMS credits. Is there a way to get it so I can use push to get into the site?

Side question… When I open the Duo app on my phone, what the heck is the six digit code even used for?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Jon,

From what you have described here, it sounds like you need to activate Duo Push for the Duo Admin Panel. You can do this by following the steps below:

1. Log in to the Duo Admin Panel and click Edit Profile in the upper right hand corner of the page.
  2. Scroll down to the Secondary Authentication section and click the Activate link next to Duo Push.
  3. Open Duo Mobile on your device. Tap the plus sign (+) to add a new account, and scan the barcode displayed on your computer screen.

You should now be able to log in using Duo Push from your device. For more info, please see the steps in this guide.

To answer your second question, Duo Mobile allows you to generate a code (either time-based or event-based depending on the application) that you can use to log in. You can learn more about those passcodes here.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Jon,

From what you have described here, it sounds like you need to activate Duo Push for the Duo Admin Panel. You can do this by following the steps below:

1. Log in to the Duo Admin Panel and click Edit Profile in the upper right hand corner of the page.
  2. Scroll down to the Secondary Authentication section and click the Activate link next to Duo Push.
  3. Open Duo Mobile on your device. Tap the plus sign (+) to add a new account, and scan the barcode displayed on your computer screen.

You should now be able to log in using Duo Push from your device. For more info, please see the steps in this guide.

To answer your second question, Duo Mobile allows you to generate a code (either time-based or event-based depending on the application) that you can use to log in. You can learn more about those passcodes here.

Hope that helps!

Quick Links