cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Locked out of Duo admin portal

SplitEnd
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to move my Duo verification from my iPhone to a new Android phone. I activated the new Android phone via the admin portal, but when I tried it by relogging, the Duo Push went to the old iPhone. I thought (incorrectly I suppose) that the push would route properly if I deleted the admin account from my iPhone. Now Duo will not let me sign in, and codes do not work. I only see an error that reports “No 2FA methods are available. Please contact your account owner.” I am the account owner. What should I do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry to hear you’re having issues logging in to your Duo Admin Panel. Please contact Duo Support to recover access.

EDIT: I read your question again, and I guess it’s not clear to me whether you are talking about your Duo admin login not having a 2FA option, or your Duo end-user account. I suggest you try reactivating your Android phone for the end user account again, if that’s your actual issue (and not logging in to the Admin Panel).

Takeaway: If you are both the Duo admin and the Duo end-user, you likely have two accounts activated in Duo Mobile (one for each of your user contexts), and need to reactivate both on your new Android phone.

Activate phone for a user
Activate phone for an admin

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sorry to hear you’re having issues logging in to your Duo Admin Panel. Please contact Duo Support to recover access.

EDIT: I read your question again, and I guess it’s not clear to me whether you are talking about your Duo admin login not having a 2FA option, or your Duo end-user account. I suggest you try reactivating your Android phone for the end user account again, if that’s your actual issue (and not logging in to the Admin Panel).

Takeaway: If you are both the Duo admin and the Duo end-user, you likely have two accounts activated in Duo Mobile (one for each of your user contexts), and need to reactivate both on your new Android phone.

Activate phone for a user
Activate phone for an admin

Duo, not DUO.

Thank you. My problem is signing into the Duo Admin Panel. I am both the Duo admin and the Duo end-user. I don’t know how to reactivate my phone for the Admin Panel if I cannot first log in to the Duo Admin Panel. The Panel asks for my email and password as usual, then says that I have no 2FA methods. As far as I understand, I cannot activate a 2FA method if I cannot first log in… and now I cannot log in without a 2FA method.

SplitEnd
Level 1
Level 1

Email support helped me get back in. Thanks, y’all!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links