cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LDAP Proxy For ConnectWise Manage

eperson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, has anyone been able to use the DUO LDAP proxy with ConnectWise Manage? I have the LDAP proxy working with other apps, but when I configure it in ConnectWise Manage, it spins for a bit like it’s waiting for the 2FA, but it never sends a push and eventually just allows me to login.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi eperson,

There is a known issue with ConnectWise sending LDAP tag the Authentication Proxy doesn’t support today. You can set up Duo to protect ConnectWise Manage via SSO using the generic SAML service provider.

Here are the steps to do so:

1. Deploy Duo Access Gateway
  2. Point it to Active Directory as the primary authentication source
  3. Set up SSO for ConnectWise Manage. When you do this you’ll be bouncing between the Duo Admin Panel (where you create the generic SAML application using whatever parameters/attributes ConnectWise recommends), your Duo Access Gateway server’s admin interface (where you add the application you created in the Duo Admin Panel), and the ConnectWise management console (where you tell it to use Duo for SSO).

This might be a good reference for you: https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Documentation/090/020/070/140/SAML_and_SSO_Frequently_Asked_Questions 10

Quick Links