Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Duo on windows live account or local account does not work for me

cc_tk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have checked the documentation for downloading on windows live account and the issue with the windows with fall creator update.

I have previously tried to download on a windows where there is just a Microsoft live account, this failed and stopped the user from entering into their account. (bare in mind this is an admin account)

next I added a local admin account and added DUO and then that stopped the user from entering any password for any of the accounts. we had to go into safe mode and wipe data.

honestly im lost and I need this user to have Duo installed properly, is there any way I can get this to work ?

1 Reply 1

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @cc_tk and welcome to the Duo Community! If I understand you correctly, you’re trying to use Duo Authentication for Windows Logon with a Microsoft account. It sounds like you already read our documentation on “Can you use Duo with a Microsoft account?” and the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709) issue does not apply to you.

Can you confirm if you have followed the steps to enable the local group policy setting “Interactive logon: Do not display last user name” and enroll the username of the Microsoft account in Duo?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links