cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

In the process of changing the iPhone, it failed to move the duo mobile

minjun
Level 1
Level 1

I use this app for double security of Instagram. Then the old iPhone suddenly broke down completely and I changed it to a new one. Also, the recovery code and backup could not be processed because of the sudden situation.
Therefore, I know Instagram account and password, but I can’t access it because of duo mobile. What should I do to solve this?

1 Reply 1

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @minjun

I’m sorry to hear that this happened to you. Did you previously add and verify a mobile number for your Instagram account? If so, you might be able to gain access by logging in via a desktop or mobile browser, and when prompted for a six-digit passcode, choose to send the code by text message instead.

Otherwise, unfortunately without the recovery codes it’s difficult to recover, and Duo is unable to help in this situation. Your best bet is to report the account as lost to Instagram by selecting “Need more help logging in?” on the login screen and following the instructions.

It may take awhile to get a response from the team there, but they can verify your identity and disable 2FA for your account to allow you back in.

Quick Links