Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Implementing Duo Authentication for SSRS Page

Hi, I am trying to implement Duo authentication for SQL Server Reporting Server’s Portal. Is there a native support for installing DUO on SSRS web portals like in Azure?

If no native support, Should I just build an additional login page in ASPX and redirect that each time the SSRS is accessed as in the documentation for ASP.NET ?

What are the steps to solve this? Please help.

5 Replies 5

algarnon.stamps
Level 1
Level 1

Any luck on this I am trying the samething.

Up on this topic. I’m also interested in doing this.

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi folks! Thanks @jollero for raising this question again, and I apologize that the original post slipped through the cracks and it took so long to get a response to this.

Duo does not have SQL protection today. To protect your SQL server with Duo, the only way to do this currently is to protect the computer itself with Duo for Windows Logon and RDP or a Duo Unix integration. You could alternatively protect the network access with a VPN protection.
SQL itself or the AD authentication from your SQL client to SQL server cannot be protected at this time.
While this feature is not something that’s currently available, the Duo Support team would be happy to add you to an existing feature request for this functionality. Please reach out to them for assistance with that!

What if it’s not SQL Server we want to protect. We just want an MFA whenever users of SSRS login to the Reporting Services Page. Is that something possible that DUO can do now? Essentially, SSRS sits on top of IIS.

Ah, in that case if you can protect SSRS behind ADFS, you can use Duo Authentication for Microsoft AD FS to protect SSRS. Other than that, I am not sure to be honest, as I don’t have any experience with SSRS myself (I’m just answering based off of similar support cases I could find.) Maybe someone else in the community who has protected this before can weigh in!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links