I lost my recovery codes and access to the Duo application

On the 17th of November 2019 I performed a restoration on my iPhone XR. I did not absentmindedly add a Google account to DuoMobile, thus causing me to lose access to my instagram account “Quim.gracado”. I also lost the recovery codes on the backup. Can I be helped?

1 Like

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear that you lost access to Instagram! Unfortunately, if you don’t have the recovery codes and you aren’t able to restore from a backup, your only option is to contact the Instagram support team. Duo doesn’t have access to your recovery codes, so there is not much we can do in this case.

Instagram will be able to verify your identity and help you reset your account, though it may take some time for a response. On the login screen of Instagram, tap Forgot password?, tap Need more help? below the Next button and follow the on-screen instructions. Alternatively, you can contact them with this form: https://help.instagram.com/contact/272476913194545

i have the same issue . i am waiting for there support team to reply . did you get your account back ?

Hello,

Would either of you be interested in speaking with us more about this? We are currently looking for people who are willing to participate in brief interviews on this topic, so that we can better understand the issues you face and address these going forward.

If you’re interested, please send me a DM, and we will go from there.

Thanks!

Hello, i have the same problem and my account is verified… please help me!

Hi Miguel,

I followed up with you via DM, but for anyone else in the community, I’d like to share a few suggestions of steps you may try if you are locked out of Instagram or another third-party account:

• Report your account to Instagram. Because your account is inaccessible and requires Instagram verification of your identity, I usually recommend people follow this process to attempt to regain access. Follow the steps under report here: https://help.instagram.com/149494825257596

• Authenticate with SMS-delivered passcodes. If you ever associated a mobile number with your account, please attempt to log in on a mobile browser or desktop. When prompted for the six-digit passcode after entering your username and password, you should see a window that looks like this:

You can then choose to either authenticate via a SMS-delivered passcode OR enter one of your Instagram recovery codes.

I hope that helps!

amy

as my account is verified, none of these ways work!