Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I lost my recovery codes and access to the Duo application

On the 17th of November 2019 I performed a restoration on my iPhone XR. I did not absentmindedly add a Google account to DuoMobile, thus causing me to lose access to my instagram account “Quim.gracado”. I also lost the recovery codes on the backup. Can I be helped?

12 Replies 12

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi there,

I’m sorry to hear that you lost access to Instagram! Unfortunately, if you don’t have the recovery codes and you aren’t able to restore from a backup, your only option is to contact the Instagram support team. Duo doesn’t have access to your recovery codes, so there is not much we can do in this case.

Instagram will be able to verify your identity and help you reset your account, though it may take some time for a response. On the login screen of Instagram, tap Forgot password?, tap Need more help? below the Next button and follow the on-screen instructions. Alternatively, you can contact them with this form: https://help.instagram.com/contact/272476913194545

siyad_zayed
Level 1
Level 1

i have the same issue . i am waiting for there support team to reply . did you get your account back ?

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

Would either of you be interested in speaking with us more about this? We are currently looking for people who are willing to participate in brief interviews on this topic, so that we can better understand the issues you face and address these going forward.

If you’re interested, please send me a DM, and we will go from there.

Thanks!

Same thing just happened to me 2 days ago. I tried contacting Instagram but they haven’t responded yet. I need this ASAP

Miguel_Coelho
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, i have the same problem and my account is verified… please help me!

Hi Miguel,

I followed up with you via DM, but for anyone else in the community, I’d like to share a few suggestions of steps you may try if you are locked out of Instagram or another third-party account:

• Report your account to Instagram. Because your account is inaccessible and requires Instagram verification of your identity, I usually recommend people follow this process to attempt to regain access. Follow the steps under report here: https://help.instagram.com/149494825257596

• Authenticate with SMS-delivered passcodes. If you ever associated a mobile number with your account, please attempt to log in on a mobile browser or desktop. When prompted for the six-digit passcode after entering your username and password, you should see a window that looks like this:

You can then choose to either authenticate via a SMS-delivered passcode OR enter one of your Instagram recovery codes.

I hope that helps!

amy

as my account is verified, none of these ways work!

Daniel_Cano
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same problem if someone have another solition please help, instagram gives me the option to put the duo code but I dont have the same account because I switched from a iphone to a android and if I add instagram from this cell phone does not work
Please help

Chelsey_Ramos
Level 1
Level 1

I’m having the same problem, my phone got destroyed while I was at school it had to be fixed but when I got it had my phone was disabled I couldn’t get my things back so everything was deleted and I’m trying to get my Instagram account back, I remember my username and password but the only problem is that I don’t have the code which is why I can’t get my account back. Can you please help me

Zia_Ur_Rahman
Level 1
Level 1

#help

We own a small startup. We work mostly through social media. Last time someone hacked our brand account but fortunately we were able to recover it. After recovery, Instagram asked us to use two factor authentication for login by an app called Duo Mobile.

Everytime you try to login to your account, duo mobile display a code, which you use to login to your account.

A week before our system crashed and we lost our data. Now we are in huge trouble. We don’t have the backup code for logging in to Duo Mobile. We even don’t known which email we had used for Duo Mobile. We tried every email address we have but failed.

Now everytime we try to login to our instagram account, it says “enter login code generated by you authentication app”. But we are unable to log in to the authentication app.

Can anyone help us??

Zia_Ur_Rahman
Level 1
Level 1

#help

We own a small startup. We work mostly through social media. Last time someone hacked our brand account but fortunately we were able to recover it. After recovery, Instagram asked us to use two factor authentication for login by an app called Duo Mobile.

Everytime you try to login to your account, duo mobile display a code, which you use to login to your account.

A week before our system crashed and we lost our data. Now we are in huge trouble. We don’t have the backup code for logging in to Duo Mobile. We even don’t known which email we had used for Duo Mobile. We tried every email address we have but failed.

Now everytime we try to login to our instagram account, it says “enter login code generated by you authentication app”. But we are unable to log in to the authentication app.

Can anyone help us??

Hello Zia, I’m so sorry to hear about these troubles!

Instagram will be able to verify your identity and help you reset your account, though it may take some time for a response. Review Instagram’s help FAQ documentation, and then reach out to their team using this form:

https://help.instagram.com/contact/272476913194545

Or, on the Instagram login screen, tap Forgot password?, tap Need more help? below the Next button, and follow the on-screen instructions.

Unfortunately, Duo doesn’t have access to anything on your Instagram account, so we are unable to help you regain access. After you regain access to Instagram, take these precautions to prevent loss of access in the future:

1. Create and save an Instagram recovery code
  2. Review the Duo Restore Guide and set up Duo Restore to your own backup of choice so you can avoid the loss of your third-party account access
Quick Links