cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to update settings after initial install

works2020
Level 1
Level 1

I have devices that I need to update by checking the option, “Only prompt for Duo authentication when logging in via RDP.” What is the best way to push this out to multiple devises? Can this be done through the portal.

Hopefully this isn’t the case, do I have to reinstall the app on each device?

I want to check the box in red after Duo’s been installed.
2X_e_e3311dd9b08e271145940d505a8847ce07f67416.jpeg

3 Replies 3

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @works2020, the Duo Authentication for Windows Logon settings are stored in the registry, so you should be able to use the Registry Editor (regedit.exe) with administrator privileges to update the settings after installation there.

Since you mention deploying these changes to multiple devices, it seems like using the Group Policy would be the way to go. Learn more in our documentation on this: 2FA for Windows Remote Desktop Protocol and Local Logons | Duo Security

works2020
Level 1
Level 1

Amy, I got my answer to your response mixed up with the one below. The link points to a problem I’m having with Duo spinning in a constant loop trying to enable offline mode. What are your thoughts regarding both registry settings be sent to 1.

Ah ok, that makes sense. I’ll move your response to the correct thread and respond to you there to keep things organized.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links