cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How should we use Duo-Web-v2.js?

coredumperror
Level 1
Level 1

I’m developing Duo functionality for my Python/Django app, and I need to make use of Duo-Web-v2.js, but I’m not sure what the best way to use it would be. I can see two possible solutions.

1. Copy Duo-Web-v2.js out of the duo_web python package and put it into my Django project’s static files folder, so I can load it on the authentication page like a regular django static file, e.g. <script src="{% static 'duo/js/Duo-Web-v2.min.js' %}"></script>
  2. Use <script src="https://■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■/frame/hosted/Duo-Web-v2.min.js"></script> (It looks like the forum software is censoring the domain for some reason… It’s api.duosecurity. com.

The disadvantage of #1 is that if Duo-Web-v2.js gets updated with a new version of the duo_web project, I have to manually search out that update and copy it into my django app again.

The disadvantage of #2 is that I don’t know if Duo guarantees that that URL will remain valid in perpetuity, or if it will get updated and no longer be backward compatible with the version of duo_web that my app has installed.

Is there a third option I don’t know about? Or perhaps I’m worrying overmuch about #2?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Approach #1. We don’t expect people to call the hosted js directly. You can watch the repo to know when the SDK gets updated (It’s not something that happens very often).

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Approach #1. We don’t expect people to call the hosted js directly. You can watch the repo to know when the SDK gets updated (It’s not something that happens very often).

Duo, not DUO.

coredumperror
Level 1
Level 1

OK, thanks for letting me know. I’ll watch the repo.

Quick Links