cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I determine what port to use for multi-forest authentication?

aihieis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am dealing with a similar issue as this thread in my environment. In my case Duo is providing 2FA for VMware Horizon View. For the secondary RADIUS section [server_radius_auto2] how do I determine what the port number will be? In my first RADIUS section [server_radius_auto] I do not have any ports defined. Any assistance in properly configuring multi-forest authentication would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Anthony

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you don’t have a port defined in a [radius_server_xxx] config section it defaults to 1812. This is the standard RADIUS port.

You decide for yourself what port to use.

So if in the [authproxy.cfg] you specify port=1802 as the RADIUS port, then when you add the Duo RADIUS server on the device that will be sending the RADIUS authentication requests you would also specify port 1802.

Duo, not DUO.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you don’t have a port defined in a [radius_server_xxx] config section it defaults to 1812. This is the standard RADIUS port.

You decide for yourself what port to use.

So if in the [authproxy.cfg] you specify port=1802 as the RADIUS port, then when you add the Duo RADIUS server on the device that will be sending the RADIUS authentication requests you would also specify port 1802.

Duo, not DUO.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links