cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I change the email account associated with Duo as my login e-mail deleted by College?

Leyah_Raichel
Level 1
Level 1

I was signed out of Duo because the email associated with it was my college email address. The account was deleted by the College. When try to open/access Duo, the message displays as “The account was recently deleted and may be recoverable. Click Next to restore this account”.

I was informed by the College that the account cannot be restored.

Please help me to access Duo even with a new email id.

TIA.

1 Reply 1

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @Leyah_Raichel, I’ll be happy to help you as best I can. First, I need to better understand what it is you’re trying to do here. It sounds like you might be referring to Google Duo based on the error message and other information you’ve shared here. Is that right?

This is the community for Duo Security. Duo Mobile works with Duo Security’s two-factor authentication service to make logins more secure. The application generates passcodes for login and can receive push notifications for easy, one-tap authentication.

If you use Duo Mobile for 2FA when logging in to your college email account, and your school deleted your email account, this is the behavior you can expect with our app:

1. You should still be able to open the Duo Mobile app, because there is not a login or password required for the app itself. Duo Mobile is tied to your device’s hardware security module (HSM) instead, which is unique to each device.
  2. Your school email account should still be listed in the accounts list of the Duo Mobile app, provided you are using the same phone as you were before. It may say Reconnect next to the account name.

Check out our guide to two-factor authentication here for more info.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links