cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Feature Request: Add Duo Homepage Widget for Android App

Bradyn_Claycomb
Level 1
Level 1

Hopefully i’m posting in the right place.

I have a desire for a feature in DUO that I think will improve the user experience for power users such as myself. I would enjoy the ability to have a widget on my home screen that after I unlock my mobile device, can simply be clicked. And if there is a pending DUO request (from the last 15 seconds or so) I can quickly and easily authorize.

Now, I usually swipe down on the notification, choose ‘view actions’ and select approve.

This isn’t a ton of work, but the widget would certainly be convenient.

4 Replies 4

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can unlock your phone and open the Duo Mobile app to approve any current pending and future authentication requests. If you get a new push while it’s open, Duo Mobile updates to say “Request waiting. Tap to respond…”.

Duo, not DUO.

Bradyn_Claycomb
Level 1
Level 1

You can unlock your phone and open the Duo Mobile app to approve any current pending and future authentication requests. If you get a new push while it’s open, Duo Mobile updates to say “Request waiting. Tap to respond…”.

Yes, this is the standard way of authorizing. Perhaps you misunderstood my request.

I would like a physical widget that is perhaps A 1X2 on the home screen (add widget through the android widget menu) or a 1x1 that will show something like a green check mark or a red X when there is a pending request. Allowing you to quickly authorize a request with a single screen press.

Thanks for clarifying!

As mentioned in the Welcome to the Duo Community announcement post, this forum is not the place to submit feature requests. Please contact your account exec or sales engineer, customer service manager (if your organization is a Duo Care customer), or Duo support to submit your feature request.

Thanks for using Duo.

Duo, not DUO.

psuboy
Level 1
Level 1

I would really like this also… Always looking to save steps. I use Duo so often for MFA that reducing the two steps just makes it easier.

Quick Links