cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exchange ECP not prompting for authentication for Admin accounts

seanryanlobar
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have my Exchange 2019 OWA page protected with DUO and recently just implemented DUO authentication for Administrative accounts for RDP logins. I want to protect my Exchange ECP page and read that if you have it already setup for OWA that it will protect the ECP as well as long as you add the policy for the administrator user to that application.

I did all of this and it does not prompt for authentication when logging into ECP.

6 Replies 6

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

Hi @seanryanlobar, welcome to the Duo Community! This is perhaps a silly question, but did you already complete 2FA for logging in to your mailbox? If so, Duo will not prompt again for authentication when accessing ECP settings.

seanryanlobar
Level 1
Level 1

No, I attempted to authenticate for the administrator account’s mail…it never prompted for DUO authentication.

I also made sure to log out completely to force a re-auth.

Ah ok, so Duo for OWA is not prompting either. Thank you for clarifying Please take a look at this help article “Why might Duo for Outlook Web App (OWA) not prompt for 2FA?” for more info on some troubleshooting steps you can take.

Unfortunately, none of these apply to me. Other accounts are prompted correctly. For the record, this Administrator account is on a different domain BUT I have built a second AD Sync that did properly bring that account in and is being properly prompted for RDP sessions.

Hmm interesting. I recommend contacting Duo Support to troubleshoot this further then. It’s hard to know what’s going on without seeing your configuration, and that should not be shared publicly in the Community!

seanryanlobar
Level 1
Level 1

Weird. Today it decided to start working. I am now being prompted for EAC and OWA on the admin account.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Quick Links