cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error safari can not open the page

Susan_Palmer
Level 1
Level 1

One of our employees receives the following error when trying to setup her Duo account for the first time.

safari can not open the page because the address is invalid

We tried chrome to authenticate and the link says “With chrome it never opens window, says adding your account to duo mobile”

Please help

7 Replies 7

jamieis
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Susan_Palmer,

I imagine they are trying to enroll using their phone? Does your employee have Duo Mobile installed on their device? It sounds like perhaps they skipped over the step of installing it.

Thanks for being a Duo customer!

Jamie

XG85976
Level 1
Level 1

Was there an official response for this?

Users are activating using their devices and some get the issue of “Safari cannot open the page because the address is invalid”

Users have already installed Duo Mobile on the device. Re-activation links are sent out, but they receive the same problem.

Hi @XG85976,
Looks like Jamie was waiting to hear back from Susan if her users had installed the app or not. That is usually what we recommend as a first step to troubleshooting this issue.

Since your users have installed the Duo Mobile app before receiving the activation link, this sounds like an error you’d want to investigate with the Duo Support team. I’m not seeing any similar cases with steps I could suggest to you instead.

Friendly reminder that the community is not an official support channel.

Tjohnson_OLS
Level 1
Level 1

Signed up for an account simply in the hopes of helping someone avoid a support call.

In my case, the user was mistaking Google Duo for the Duo Mobile app. Once we installed the actual Duo Mobile app, the user could successfully open the activation link.

Hope this helps some folks.

Thanks for sharing, @Tjohnson_OLS! That’s a common mistake that can happen, as there are a lot of services that share the Duo name. Appreciate you sharing your response here to help other community members

Billy_Zimmerman
Level 1
Level 1

I’ve run into this issue on and off for years, supporting some with iPhones. I found the issue is the iPhone has associated the DUO Activation Link with Safari (rather than DUO Mobile), and is not prompting to open with DUO Mobile. Does anyone know how to reset this association, so it prompts once again? (I’m an android guy - and this is not an issue in Android). Thanks.

pgp
Level 1
Level 1
Quick Links