cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error on adding on Samsung A12

feldgrau4764
Level 1
Level 1

I had a problem with my Duo app with my new device on Samsung A12. I encounter two different errors: No Internet Connection (despite the app is connected to either Wi-Fi or mobile data); and Failed to Add Account (manual activation code input).

Had been on the DUO Hotline since 14 February 2022, 11:00 AM (UTC +8) until now to resolve this issue and I am encountering this error. Therefore, I was unable to log in to work.

I did multiple troubleshooting methods for this matter but receiving the same error on my end and does not resolve the problem:

• Uninstall/reinstall the app via Google Play and APK (and used older version)
  • Restarted ISP router
  • Restarted phone
  • Installed the previous version of the app, and used the activation link
  • Used mobile data
  • Manual input of activation link (resulted to: Failed to Add account)
  • Borrowed a different device (different model, but Android OS).

The DUO admin at my workplace offer no resolution for this problem. Could ANYONE work on a patch for similar problem with devices on Android 11, or same device like Samsung A12 or better? I am not the only ones who are encountering this issue.

1 Reply 1

Amy2
Level 5
Level 5

HI @feldgrau4764, thank you for including all of the troubleshooting steps you have taken so far! That makes it much easier to help you. From everything you’ve described here, this seems not to be a network issue but rather a bad activation code. Can you ask your admin to generate a new activation link for you to try and see if that resolves it?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links