cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duologsync not "connecting" on Windows

gmchilton
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone successfully pulled down logs using Duologsync on Windows? I set it up per the instructions on the github page and I keep getting the following error

2020-06-26 11:43:18 INFO Consuming authlogs
2020-06-26 11:43:18 INFO Consuming telephony log…
2020-06-26 11:43:18 INFO Consuming adminaction logs…
2020-06-26 11:43:18 INFO Opening connection to server over tcp…
2020-06-26 11:43:22 ERROR Connection to server failed with exception [WinError 1225] The remote computer refused the network connection
2020-06-26 11:43:22 ERROR Terminating the application…

Since the log says “consuming XXXXX log” I am assuming the API connection to the DUO API server is correct?

i have double checked the API key information in the config file but there is no other documentation or support available on the github page or anywhere else in the community it seems.

Any help or tips / tricks people have would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

DuoKristina
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @gmchilton!

Have you taken a look at the README in the duo_log_sync repo?

I notice it lists “Support for WINDOWS” under Work in Progress, and also explicitly says “Duologsync is officially supported only on UNIX systems.” in the Compatibility section.

Duo, not DUO.

Yes, the readme contains the setup instructions and is identical to what is displayed on the main github page. I did see that this is only “officially supported” on Unix which is why I didn’t submit a support ticket and posted this question in the community forum, to see if any community members have run into the same issue. I was under the impression that officially supported doesn’t mean that it will NOT run on windows, it just means that it isn’t supported by DUO support. If that is not the case, then the readme should be amended to say that and the github page should also indicate that.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links