Duo Windows agent - Getting "operation timed out"

Hello Duo Community!

I’ve recently done testing Duo for RDP. Now I’m moving to implement my configs for some servers in our environment but I’m unable to proceed. Every time I run the installer, on the part where it needs to check connectivity, I’m getting “operation timed out”. Our firewall team already configured rule/s to allow to reach our Duo API URL through 443/80.

Unsure if the FW rule is enough or should we consider adding all IPs found here - What are Duo’s IP ranges?

Thank you.

Our firewall team already configured rule/s to allow to reach our Duo API URL through 443/80

This should be all you need. We recommend firewall rules based on API host over static IP ranges.

The Duo for Windows Logon installer creates an MSI log in %TEMP%. Look in that log for additional information about why the application information check might be failing.

Hello @DuoKristina - thank you for your feedback. I’ll tell our FW folks.

By the way, is this the right test method to see if FW rule is working (should be tested on both member server and auth proxy server)?
(https://help.duo.com/s/article/1336?language=en_US

Also, if we’re using auth proxy server, is SSL/443 still required during agent installation?

Are you in fact using a HTTP proxy server?

It would probably help if you described your deployment, because your initial question didn’t mention use of a proxy?