Views
Helpful
Replies

Duo + TACACS functionality

Connor_Crosby
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

We want some of our network devices to have command authorization using TACACS. Documentation states that Duo can only be RADIUS and not a TACACS server. Does Duo support TACACS or are there any workarounds to have Duo interact with TACACS.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Dooley
Level 3
Level 3

Welcome to the community, Connor!

There is not currently a Duo tested/supported configuration, but some customers have been able to integrate Duo with TACACS. This has been discussed in this previous thread: How to use Duo with Cisco TACACS. I recommend checking out that thread and following up there.

Hey Dooley,

I’ve taken a look at the thread and did some playing around. Is there any way to interface a generic TACACS server and duo without the use of Cisco ISE/ACS?

Thanks.

Hey Connor,
I did some poking around on this one. Duo + generic TACACS is not a known or supported configuration. Unlike ISE/ACS, we have not heard of customers successfully configuring a generic TACACS integration.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links